Monday, September 22, 2014

Macaroons



These things look heavenly, right?

I've never had one but have always wanted to try one. And this past weekend, I finally did! This shouldn't come as a shock to anyone who knows me but I probably would never spend money on another one again. It's not like they weren't delicious. They were. I absolutely love how colorful they are too! It's just for me, nothing beats ice cream. So if I'm going to stuff my face with a dessert, you can bet it will be ice cream (unless I can somehow get the EXACT same cake from my brother Daniel's wedding. That was quite literally a slice of heaven)

Anyways, one flavor I tried was rose. Like the flower. Has anyone had something rose flavored before? I haven't! And let me tell you, it was a cool experience. My brain couldn't figure out how my tongue was tasting a smell. I tried to explain it to Jordan and he just laughed at me because I kept saying, "I've smelt this taste". Now that I'm actually writing this down I realize that its probably not as funny to you (the reader) as it is to us. I suppose its one of those "you-had-to-be-there" type of things but its a good memory for us and its one I never want to forget.

Jordan and I make each other laugh. We truly enjoy being together and I absolutely love that about us. The other day I was thinking about how I should seriously be sick of him and vice versa. And then it dawned on me that I could spend eternity with him and never get tired of having him around. And then I realized how that idea is ridiculously sappy. And then it hit me. I truly do have eternity to spend with him.

So, thank you Turkey. Thank you for teaching me that even when I'm annoyed that I can't find the groceries I want, even when I want to punch the other drivers on the road in the face, even when I miss my family, even when I'm completely fed up, annoyed, and walk out of the mall crying because I can't find what I want, I am the luckiest.

And thank you Jordan for making that true.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad he' made it true. Great job to both of you. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how perfect you and my brother are. You two are so good for each other in so many ways. I hope I can find this one day!

    ReplyDelete