Monday, September 15, 2014

I'll have fries with that...

Turkish people don't do fast food here. Eating is a social event. And I really like that. I like that when you gather together you sit down and you enjoy your food and your company. There's no rush to get to the next place. You just enjoy yourself. 

BUT on this particular day we were on the go running errands on one of Jordan's days off and since we see Burger King EVERYWHERE we thought we would give it a try...maybe have a quick taste of home..? Well it was a hot day and all I wanted was a vanilla ice cream cone. Nobody spoke English and my google translate wasn't making sense to them soooo I was hooped. That was until one of the workers there sheepishly made a gesture of him pretending to lick ice cream. I got excited because I knew he finally understood what I wanted! We paid what we thought was an absurd amount of money for a cone and waited. He then passed us a cone along with two trays of three of everything...three strange tasting sprites, three whoppers, and three fries. I'm not sure how he decided that we wanted food. Or why he thought we needed three of everything. But I got my cone! And I was happy about it. 



2 comments: