Monday, September 22, 2014

Running

I always joke that one of the reasons I picked volleyball over basketball was that basketball involved way too much running for me. I can take on short sprints any day. No problem. In fact, I like those. But any distance running and I'm like fat Amy from Pitch Perfect... COUNT. ME. OUT.

Well despite that fact, I've been having this bizarre feeling lately that I WANT to run. Since this feeling comes as often as unicorn sightings I decided to capitalize and actually do it. So I went for my first run in...well....a long time. And I decided, I'm allergic. It was terrible.


In all seriousness though (now that my "allergic" reaction has cleared up) I guess I am, kind of, sort of, glad I did it. I feel good. I actually do want to run more. But more than anything, I want to play some high level competitive volleyball. If only I was good enough to keep up with the Turkish teams out here. I miss playing. I miss lifting. I miss conditioning. Wait, what? No. Not that part. (Well shoot, maybe I do). But definitely everything else. I miss it. Can you imagine though. Getting paid to play the sport you love? You never have to work a day in your life. Oh yeah. Jordan gets to do that every day!! 

We are LOVING his new job. Truly a dream come true. And I honestly believe that Jordan works with the best management in Europe. This team takes care of their players (and their families). We are spoiled here and we love it. Great coach. Great teammates. Great management. We couldn't ask for more.

Oh and guess what, I got a dryer this week!! So helllllooooo to warm, cozy, soft towels fresh out of the dryer. I am SO SO happy. 

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the dryer. Work on conditioning and find a place to play vb for the love of it. (You can find a mother's helper/sitter) It will make you happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun and refreshing it is for us old folks to be able to enjoy your daily or weekly happenings. We love the three of you very,very much. Your Mama shared the last video of your cute little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad things are working out so well for the 3 of you! We love reading all your blogs! Warm towels are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete