Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Day 3

Well apparently I still haven't listened to my own advice from the learnings yesterday because today I tried to run the dishwasher. There are lots of bottles under the sink and I'm not sure what they are so I went for the trial and error method (as I usually do). In case you are wondering, the internet still does not work so I still can't google any translations…yet. (Thank goodness for modern technology. I have a special, new appreciation for it). I'm still not sure yet what I poured into the dishwasher or if I poured it in the right place so if anything interesting happens on that front, I'll be sure to update this blog! But I can say that whatever I poured in there smells like lemons so that could be promising, right? 

As far as not having a dryer goes, I've been pretty creative with places to drape our clothes while they dry. For example, our kitchen cupboards are pretty empty so its a large flat surface that isn't being used and therefore perfect for our laundry. Hopefully this turns out well…



I learned that the air conditioning not only creepily leaks water in the middle of the night but it also does nothing for Kawika’s room so it’s really hot in there. The windows in his room are lacking curtains so its also very bright. This is not conducive for sleeping or napping. So our living room is temporarily being used as Kawika’s bedroom. It works but I don't want that to be permanent. I haven't figured out why but last night K woke up every hour on the hour like clock work. He wasn’t hungry and it was pretty easy to comfort him and put him right back down but it did not make for a restful night of sleep for anyone. Today is Jordan’s first practice with his new team so hopefully he does well on less than ideal sleep. I guess that’s to be expected with a newborn though.

So to sum it up today, still no internet. And although we have a car (an automatic black VW Jetta), we don't have access to our building’s garage yet so we have to park far away. The SIM cards we got for our phones don't work properly so we need to get that fixed. Neither our shower nor our bathroom sink drain properly and that’s getting old pretty fast. I really wish I had a working phone and internet so I could google translations because grocery shopping was an “adventure” in itself and much more challenging than I had imagined. But hey, at least today I’ll have something more than just bread to eat for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment