Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Big Day Today!

For those readers who have followed along from the beginning, remember how I said Kawika's room is bright and hot. Well I have a theory about this. Don't laugh. But I think its actually intentional. I don't know if this is a thing but do they make "drying" rooms? Seriously. Don't laugh at me and my ignorance. I'm being serious! We discovered that Kawika's room is PERFECT for drying our clothes. (Yes, this totally sucks that we have to hang dry our laundry. And yes, I sure do miss that feeling of soft, warm laundry straight out of the dryer. BUT I'm in Turkey. So back to my theory...) In two of the closets I found little racks (or maybe they're supposed to be shelves) that are perfect for the job. Our clothes are drying much faster now!! (But its still a process)



But that's not why today is a big day. (Although for a stay at home mom, speeding up chores is quite momentous). Today was a big day for us because we FINALLY got cable and Internet. I don't care as much about the cable because I don't really watch all that much tv (especially when the channels are in Turkish) but I am so pumped on the Internet. I finally got to Facetime home, create my actual blog, and google some translations!! Yes! It's learning time and with the Internet on my side, I could take over the world. Or Turkey. Or just say hi to the security guard downstairs. Or understand the labels on the bottles under my sink. You know, whatever. The options are endless and I'm completely thrilled.

3 comments:

  1. Ha, keep the blogs coming! This was the best part of the morning reading these. Hope things get easier with the inter webs on your side :P. Try to have some fun in the craze of the moving and learning a new language and culture. I've never been there but I'm sure it's different. Good luck and no, I'm never heard of a drying room ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are excited to be able to follow your every day living in Turkey. And to be able to watch Kawika grow to be cuter every day. I have been able to find a site to follow Olin Basketball! We are looking forward to a super year for Jordan. Malia, it will be such a challenge every day for your shopping for food but I know you will learn to cook great new meals. Thank goodness for a nice kitchen. We love you and will look forward to sharing your every day experiences

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to you coming home and cooking amazing new dishes for me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete